- LPS-Public: It includes features designed to allow productive use of the Internet and CAC- or PIV-restricted Government websites from home or while traveling. LPS-Public comes preconfigured with a smart card-enabled Firefox web browser with Java and Flash support, Encryption Wizard-Public, a PDF viewer, a file browser, remote desktop software (Citrix, Microsoft or VMware View), SSH client, and the ability to use USB flash drives. This build does not contain any For Official Use Only (FOUO) material or any customized software. It is a very light distro and needs lesser RAM.
- LPS-Public Deluxe: It adds OpenOffice software, which is a Microsoft Office-compatible suite of office applications, and Adobe Reader, which allows PDF files to be digitally signed. A bit heavier distribution, requiring about a Gigahertz of RAM.
- LPS differs from traditional operating systems in that it isn’t continually patched.
- LPS is designed to run from read-only media and without any persistent storage.
- Any malware that might infect a computer can only run within that session.
- A user can improve security by rebooting between sessions, or when about to undertake a sensitive transaction.
LINK TO OUR HOME PAGE :