Anyone can be a victim of cybercrime – it includes:
- Online identity theft
- Computer fraud
- Credit card scams
- Sexual exploitation of children
- Hijacking of web accounts
- Attacks on public or private IT systems
- By 2011, nearly 73pc of European households had internet access at home.
- In 2010, more than 36pc of EU citizens were banking online.
- 80pc of young Europeans connect through online social networks.
- Circa US$8trn exchanges hands globally each year in e-commerce.
- Credit card details can be sold between organised crime groups for as little as €1 per card, a counterfeited physical credit card for around €140 and bank credentials for as little as €60.
- Up to 600,000 Facebook accounts are blocked every day, after hacking attempts.
LINK TO OUR HOME PAGE :